The Philippine Embassy in London is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about The Philippine Embassy in London that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
1. What personally identifiable information does The Philippine Embassy in London collect from me?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer’s hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie) . These cookies are used to store state information between visits to a site.
- persistent cookies to provide certain services, so that you do not have to log-in repeatedly between visits.
2. How does The Philippine Embassy in London use my information?
The Philippine Embassy in London uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the The Philippine Embassy in London website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with The Philippine Embassy in London alone unless stated otherwise.
4. With whom does The Philippine Embassy in London share your information?
As a general rule, The Philippine Embassy in London will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about The Philippine Embassy in London’s campaign work or emergencies appeals we will send you communications regarding The Philippine Embassy in London’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
The Philippine Embassy in London does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone. We may on occasion work with 3rd parties to contact our supporters about The Philippine Embassy in London, however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
6. What is The Philippine Embassy in London’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to The Philippine Embassy in London. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that The Philippine Embassy in London maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us with the details.
7. How does The Philippine Embassy in London protect my personal identifiable information?
The Philippine Embassy in London is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give The Philippine Embassy in London personal information that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, The Philippine Embassy in London cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.