The Office of the Labor Attaché (Labor Section) of the Philippine Embassy is tasked with promoting employment opportunities of Filipino workers and ensuring their protection and welfare.
In line with this, it sees to it that the labor and social welfare laws of the UK are fairly applied to all Filipino workers.
Pursuant to its mandate, the Office of the Labor Attaché - in conjunction with the over-all thrusts of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) and the Department of Labor and Employment – seeks to implement five key programs: (1) employment facilitation, (2) employment preservation, (3) employment enhancement, (4) policy development and formulation, and (5) community linkages, networking and information dissemination.
The following are some of the principal services and functions of the Labor Section:
- Verification of employment contracts & recruitment documents
- Workers’ registration/documentation
- Counselling on work-related concerns/work permits/visa
- Conciliation/negotiation with employers
- Labor marketing/promotion of Filipino human resources
- Promotion of OWWA membership & Issuance of E-Card
- Issuance of Balik-Manggagawa (OEC) certificate
- Community linkages and information dissemination