Requirements for all applicants for e-passport
- Personal Appearance is required
- Duly accomplished application form
- Other supporting documents (please refer to the list below)
- The passport fee is £43.00 payable in cash or British postal order (We do not accept personal cheques, debit/credit cards for payment).
Additional requirements for passport renewal
- Applicant’s old passport
- Photocopy of old passport’s data page.
- If passport being renewed is the old brown passport, submit supporting documents with complete middle name.
- Former Filipinos who have re-acquired Philippine citizenship must bring copies of their Oath of Allegiance.
Additional requirements for first time applicants (children born outside the Philippines)
- The original and 4 (four) photocopies of the child’s birth certificate bearing both parents’ names. If child was born outside the United Kingdom, please submit the original and four photocopies of the birth certificate which is duly authenticated by the Embassy in the United Kingdom of the country of birth of the child.
- Four (4) completed Report of Birth Forms which are available at the Embassy or at our website. The Report of Birth fee is £18. A late registration fee of £18 is added if the child had been born for more than a year.
- Four (4) photocopies of the data page of the parent’s valid Philippine Passport.
Additional requirements for married women who wish to use surname of spouse in their passports
(Note: The Embassy will no longer process applications for amendment of name in a machine readable passport. Applicants are required to renew the passport instead)
- If married in the Philippines, the original and a photocopy of the marriage certificate (authenticated by the National Statistics Office). A copy of husband’s valid passport or birth certificate.
- If marriage was performed outside the Philippines, (a) the original and four (4) copies of the Marriage Certificate, (b) four (4) duly accomplished Report of Marriage forms (which are available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website), (c) four (4) passport size photos of husband and wife, taken within the last 6 months, (d) four (4) photocopies of the passports of the husband and wife. The Report of Marriage fee is £18. If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration.
- If marriage was performed outside the United Kingdom, please submit the original and four (4) photocopies of the marriage certificate duly authenticated by the Embassy of the country where marriage was celebrated.
- In case of death of husband, applicant must provide the original and four (4) copies of the death certificate of the late husband.
- In case of divorce or annulment, applicant must provide four (4) photocopies of the divorce or annulment papers. Please note that the applicant may have her name changed to that of her second spouse only if the petitioner of the divorce of the previous marriage is the foreign spouse.
Additional requirements for the replacement of lost passports
(Note: Applicants will be scheduled for interview with a consular official within one week from the date of filing of the application)
- Two (2) completed passport application forms.
- Two (2) copies of the affidavit of loss. This form is available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website.
- Two (2) passport size photos with white background, taken within the last 6 months.
- The original and one (1) photocopy of marriage contract with registry number (authenticated by the NSO) if applicant is married.
- Photocopy of the lost passport, if available. If the photocopy of the lost passport is not available, applicant may present an authenticated birth certificate, and/or other identification cards/supporting documents.
- The total fee for the replacement of a lost passport is £130.00 (which includes £18.00 Affidavit and £4.00 fax verification fee) for an e-Passport starting 01 July 2010.
List of other supporting documents
- Marriage Contract
- Baptismal Certificate
- PRC/IBP ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Land Title
- Driver’s License
- Government Service Record
- Old SSS-E1 form
- Transcript of Records
- Voter’s Registration Record
- Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
- The Embassy is authorized to reject applications not supported by sufficient documentary requirements.
- The Philippine Embassy Consular Section is located at 6 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HG.
- The Embassy is open from 9:00am to 1 :00 pm and 2 :00 to 5:00pm, Mondays thru Fridays, except holidays. After submission of applications, applicants will be notified when processed passports will be ready for collection.
- Passports may be claimed in person by the applicant after 4-6 weeks from the date of application or completion of the computer generated form for the passport.
- Passports may be posted to the applicant by the Embassy upon submission of a self-addressed special delivery pre-paid envelope at the time of the application.