1. Recognition of Birth as Filipino citizen
Filipino children born in the UK at the time at least one of their parents was still a Filipino citizen are entitled to a Philippine passport. To apply for a Philippine passport,
the birth of the child/children first have to be reported to the Philippine Embassy/Consulate nearest to their place of residence. For information on the requirements, please see – Filipino children born of Filipino parents outside the Philippines.
2. Recognition of Marriage of Filipino citizen
Filipino citizens marrying outside the Philippines have to file a Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy/Consulate nearest to their place of residence. The requirements are as follows:
- A. Completed Report of Marriage form (to be submitted in triplicate)
- B. Three 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm photos each of the applicant and spouse on white background taken within the last six months
- C. Original and three (3) clear copies of marriage certificate
- D. Three (3) clear copies each of the data page of the coupleâ€™s passports
- E. Notarial fee of GBP18.00 (Note: There is an additional fee of GBP18.00 if registration is done one year after the marriage)
3. Report of Divorce
A Filipino citizen whose marriage has been dissolved through divorce has to file a Report of Divorce at the Philippine Embassy in London. Following are the requirements:
- A. Original Divorce Decree Absolute
- B. Processing fee of GBP18.00
Note: Divorce will only be recognized under Philippine law if the petitioner of the divorce is the foreign spouse.